Monday, December 19, 2005

Happy Holidays?

I haven't celebrated Christmas since I became a Muslim more than twenty years ago. But I can never escape the Christmas season. Crowds in the stores. Christmas songs on the radio. Heart-warming commercials on TV. Decorations. Sales. Sometimes it's enough to make me want to scream out, "Bah, humbug!"

Getting through the holidays is a special challenge for those of us who used to celebrate and no longer do. I will be teaming up with another convert to discuss "Surviving the Holidays" in a live dialogue on Islamonline.net.

If you have your own challenges for getting through the holiday season, please talk to us at www.islamonline.net. The dialogue will be held live this Tuesday night from 8 to 10 (Eastern).
Please check the website for GMT.

No comments: