Monday, February 20, 2006

I'm Back!

I've been away for a long time. And, yes, I have a good excuse.

In the middle of January, I came down with the flu. I rested and drank plenty of liquids for five days, then tried to resume my normal activities. But after a few days of that, I realized I couldn't keep up. I had no energy.

So I rested more. For two straight weeks I didn't leave the house. After the first week, I made a doctor's appointment to see how I could regain my zip.

After several tests, the doctor told me without doubt that I have chronic leukemia. I've spent a few days getting over the initial shock.

Now that I've had time to think about it, I'm very optimistic. I feel good. I have options. I don't think this will kill me. It is a test from Allah, and I hope it will make me stronger.

I decided to share this because it's stressful for me to try to keep secrets. Right now I don't need stress. If I ever hope to return to my blog, I have to get this out in the open. So here it is.

I don't intend to discuss this again.

No comments: