Monday, August 28, 2006

"Student with dynamite on plane released"???

I'm back. This has been quite a summer, but the kids are in school now and I think everything will slow down a little.

There has been so much going on that I have a hard time knowing where to start. But I think I'll go with the double standards.

After 9/11, hundreds of Muslim men were arrested. Some were deported the following spring. Others were quietly released. The last was just released this month.

Of all the terrorism arrests, only a handful have stood up in court. Time after time, Muslims are publicly arrested, amidst a flurry of terrorist scares, and quietly released. In a recent case, the most incriminating evidence against the men was that they conversed in Arabic while on an airplane.

In all the excitement, there have been other arrests--such as the young man from Connecticutt who brought dynamite on board a plane. Not nail clippers or hair gel. Dynamite.

But it wasn't terrorism. He's not a Muslim. I assume his parents are rich. It was all just a simple misunderstanding. He bought the dynamite while traveling in Bolivia and brought it home as a souvenir. No big deal.

So the next time Ahmad or Ali is caught carrying explosives into the U.S., he can claim they are souvenirs. I'm sure Homeland Security will believe him.

No comments: