Thursday, December 28, 2006

Coming Attractions

I warned I would be spotty this week. We're out of town and I've lost my routine. Anyway, that's my excuse.

And I'm missing out on some dynamic news. Ford disses the Iraq war. Bush snubs Ford's funeral. Forget soap operas. Washington politics has more drama.

And then there's Saddam. Isn't hanging outlawed in the U.S.? Isn't it cruel and unusual? I know, Saddam's not an American--though he did work closely with the U.S. governmeny for several years. And he was a dictator, but Iraq was much more peaceful back in the day. I'm no fan of the guy, but I don't understand the intense hatred for him here in this country. And I become concerned when people anticipate someone's death with glee.

So I missed all that news, and more. But I have something exciting coming to this place.'

Sometime next week I plan to take off on a road trip. I have a rough itinerary, but I hope for (good) surprises--not flat tires or anything like that. I'll be writing from the road. Happy trails!

No comments: