Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm Back!

I've been gone for a little while, I know. A busy March led to a busy April and a very intense first two weeks of May. Now I have a breather and I'm very grateful for that.

I haven't blogged since February but I have kept close track of the Democratic presidential primary. I cringed when Obama lost and cheered when he won. Tonight was great. He got the endorsement we've waited for and things are looking very good.

I believe that Obama and Hillary Clinton will be able to work things out. Today they released a plan for joint fundraising, which is a very positive sign. I have my reasons for preferring Obama over Hillary, but the most important thing is to keep party unity.

We're living in very interesting and exciting times. When I listen to Obama speak and see the changes he is already bringing (did you know that fighting in an African country--the name of which has totally escaped me for the moment--has stopped because of Obama's mediation?) I feel that he is the culmination of what we hoped for in the 60s and 70s. They said it couldn't be done but I think we may be doing it.

No candidate is perfect and Obama readily admits that he isn't. But we finally have a real choice this year and that is wonderful.

P.S.--If you live in Kentucky, or Oregon, remember to vote!

No comments: