Monday, November 13, 2006

The Usual Mayhem

I don't recall any outstanding news stories from today. Let's see. . .

A bomb exploded in Iraq. People died. (Does anyone remember hearing of daily explosions there before the U.S. invasion?)

There were murders. Different names, different cities, different motives. I wonder exactly how homicides today. Do those left behind care that their loved one is just a flash on the news and a statistic?

There were thefts. Money, jewelry, cars, electronics. Theft means more to me now that I've been a victim.

There was fighting and conflict in homes and on streets. Someone has to be the winner.

Right now, I imagine, a drunk driver is weaving down the street. A child is cowering, at the mercy of a cruel parent. A marriage is breaking. How many are crying?

But nothing noteworthy happened today. Just life as usual.

No comments: