Thursday, July 19, 2007

Family Times

I was looking through some old pictures this evening. When my husband and I were married. When our children were small. When we were young.

The moments are gone. All we have are photographed memories to supplement those in our minds. And we have the stories. All families have stories.

It seems strange to look at my three oldest when they were tiny. Now they are all in their twenties. They're men. And the bond we nurtured when they were small now maintain our relationship, keeping us close.

We don't need the photographs. Not really. We have the memories. And we have a common language, a common history. These are stronger than pieces of paper. These will last throughout our lives.

The greatest part of our family story isn't the past, but the present and the hopes for a future together.

1 comment:

2007 said...

I agree sister. Memories are the best part of past life not piece papers