Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Still Fed Up

This has been a horrible week for me to try writing a decent blog. Maybe I'm not feeling very peaceful. At least not when I look at the headlines.

More than half of what I read or hear is about Iran--either for or against war, the failures in Iraq and Afghanistan, the persecution of the Palestinian people, or unethical behavior by our so-called leaders. There doesn't seem to be much to be happy or proud about, at least not on the national or international scene.

My son's school went on a field trip today. They went on a hayride, saw farm animals, ate apple cider doughtnuts, and generally had a great time. There. I just reported something peaceful.

Muhammad said there will come a time when the best people can do is to live in the mountains and take care of their families and their goats. I think that time is fast approaching.

1 comment:

UmmBadier said...

You are in a pitiful state sis. Alhumdiallah you are a grandma. One of my dunya-ee desires is to live to help raise my grandchildren and relieve my own children from some of the parenting stresses, inshallah.
I ask my husband sometimes if it's time to move the family to a mountain...hard to imagine, but we know it will get worse.
Love and Salam,
~Brooke