Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Winter

Winter doesn't officially start for another three weeks. This is not an encouraging thought.

Where I live, temperatures have been hovering in the 20s--the 30s if we're lucky. We've already had single-digit days. In short, it's cold.

Now we're facing another three months and three weeks until the official start of spring. And I've learned that when you live up north, the official start of spring doesn't mean much. Last year I was living in New England. We went straight from winter into summer. As I remember, everything was pretty much thawed out by June.

To me there are two logical approaches to winter. Move closer to the Equator, or hibernate.

At least there's the snow. White flakes to break up the monotony of a gray landscape.

If you need me I'll be under the covers, counting down the days.

No comments: