Thursday, August 23, 2007

Acts of Kindness

These are things we never forget. Sometimes it can be as simple as an encouraging word or help with a package.

I was the recipient of a special act of kindness from my mother and sisters last weekend. The thing is, I have food allergies. There are certain types of foods I can eat, and some I won't touch. Recently, one brand of food, which I had eaten for years without problem, changed the ingredients. This particular food was nutritious and had enough calories to keep my weight up. (I want to know why there are never any magazine articles about how to gain weight, but that's another topic altogether.)

The ingredients had been changed very recently--within the last two months. So my mother and sisters set out to find some of the old boxes of this non-perishable food to help me out and tide me over until I could find a suitable alternative. The search included tw.o different states. And by the end of the weekend, they had scrounged up over forty boxes of the old, unaltered variety.

Forty boxes will last me for months. Meanwhile, I'm working to meet these food allergies head on and conquer them. I'm grateful for the extra time.

And I'm very thankful for the kindness and caring of my family.

No comments: