Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Frustrations

Life is challenging. Some handle problems better than others. All are tried.

My week started off being anything but peaceful. The city decided to revamp the street outside our house. Monday morning started with a constant hammering outside as crews worked to pulverize the pavement in one lane. Oh, I now live on a one-way street too. The worst part is the hammering, hammering, hammering. It finally stopped sometime today as crews worked in the rain to push the dirt beneath the pavement. I don't know what they have planned next. I'm sure they will eventually continue the process for the other lane.

This means I can't hold a moving sale at the end of this month. I'm thinking of hauling our stuff to a flea market. Or I may just give it away.

My youngest was frustrated this evening because I asked him to do dishes while his older brother, who should have done dishes tonight, worked to finish his homework. It will all even out tomorrow, when the older guy does his duty, but you know how siblings keep count.

I received a letter in the mail today too. I won't go into detail, but it was official and it was asking for money. Grrr.

The frustrations build. Rain. Gray skies. Messy house. Fighting kids. Bills. Noise.

And all that is a blessing compared to what many are going through.

1 comment:

Earthmom said...

I know what you mean about siblings counting things and I have just 3 kids. I would love to see some rain here. It is so dry here in Australia and we are on level 5 water restrictions (don't ask me what that means though). I hate noise from traffic and machinery as my flat in KL is in middle of town. Soo loving the quiet suburb here in Oz. Hope everything turns out for you soon, insha Allah. God bless.