Monday, April 02, 2007

Notes from Ohio

I'm on the road tonight, writing this from a motel near Cleveland.

Our car radio picks up mostly country music and static, but I've managed to keep up with the news. Nothing new, really. More war. More partisanship. More tragedy--this week in Somalia and the Solomon Islands.

I met someone who asked me when I became a Muslim. My usual answer is that I converted when hostages were being held in Iran. That answer has a different meaning these days.

"Forrest Gump" is on TV right now. War, civil rights, disease. Not much has changed.

I plan to be back home tomorrow, though I may not post. It depends on how much we choose to enjoy the scenery along the way, and if we opt for the back roads or the much faster, if more expensive, toll highways.

Happy trails to all.

No comments: