Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hazardous to Your Health

I barely watch the news these days. I do check out the latest headlines online, but I rarely read a story in depth. My doctor told me to cut down on stress levels.

Do I need to know that half a million Iraqis have been killed since the invasion? Do numbers really matter anymore, or is it the principle of taking over another country based on the flimsiest of excuses?

Do I need to know about the most recent murder of civilians in Gaza or the harsh conditions there? What can I do about it? Most Islamic charities have been shut down by the government.

Do I even need to know about the latest school threat or home invasion? We live in an increasingly violent society. I don't need a talking head to tell me that.

I try to relax. And I pray. I wish I could do more.

No comments: