Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I didn't pay much attention to the news today but I know that. . .

. . .the Republican party is trying to cover its tracks in the wake of the latest scandal. Wouldn't it be nice if our leaders actually admitted when they are wrong?

. . .people are still dying in Iraq and Afghanistan--soldiers and civilians. It's not a clash of civilizations. It's a simple case of citizens defending their land against invaders.

. . .the situation grows worse each day in Gaza. Israeli troops have destroyed homes and crops and prevented many from earning an livelihood.

. . .the news is a ridiculous presentation of infotainment which I can barely stand to watch.

. . .and in Pennsylvania, a grandfather forgave a gunman. I believe in peace, but I don't think I could be that generous.

No comments: