Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Muslims Behaving Badly

I was just wondering what I would write about today when the topic showed up on my doorstep. Literally.

My daughter-in-law, granddaughter, and I were enjoying a quiet evening at home while the "menfolk" went to a friend's house for dinner. (We chose to stay home--it was nice to be quiet.) When the guys finally walked in, after 10, they reported emergency vehicles right outside our home. Oddly, neither my daughter-in-law nor I heard the commotion.

We all watched and some went outside. The event was too new to be on the news, so we tried to get information on our own. Finally my oldest son learned that Muslims--he didn't know how many--had gotten into a fight.

As I write, the emergency vehicles continue to idle outside. A fire truck, two ambulances, and I don't know how many police cars. I expect there will be some arrests. I hope the ambulances aren't pressed into duty.

This is an area near a mosque where many Muslims live so I suspected "we" would somehow be involved. Either a terrorist threat perpetrated by "us" or a hate crime against "us." (After I learned about the Muslim woman in Fremont who was brutally shot down in broad daylight I felt much less safe. That was terrorism.)

I'm glad it's not a hate crime. But I hate when Muslims act stupid. Don't we have enough troubles already?

No comments: